Monday, August 18, 2008

An Amarinda Monday

Yes, it’s Monday. And that’s about all I can come up with to say. I’m not feeling at all clever or informative. The day is, to put it as Amarinda Jones does so often, pukeable. No particular reason other than it’s Monday. I had a day and a half off at the end of last week which only makes it that much more so.

It’s so pukeable that I doubt I’ll make it through the whole week so I better take another day off at the end of this week too, just to be on the safe side. Hm, better make that two. Oh my, merely thinking about it has me feeling so much better already.

Now what shall I do with my time off? Last week I met up with the girls and believe it or not, managed not to get into any new trouble. Wait, I know. I recently learned that my artist friend, Eric Armusik, is restoring a painting on a canvas that is pasted to one of the local church’s walls. From the few pictures he has posted on his website it seems to be a rather fascinating process. Perhaps we need to know more about the whole thing.

And I’m sure he must have some new paintings that I have yet to see. Yes, I think I'll go visit since I’m long overdue. I also saw on his website that he’s now giving art classes. Unfortunately they’re all already closed. I’ll have to ask about them anyway, just to see the expression on his face since he knows I can’t even draw a stick-figure. Hey, maybe he needs a model for one of his studio classes.

7 comments:

Bronwyn Green said...

Oohh...art classes, I wanna take an art class. Any kind of art. I'm just feeling the need to be creative...of course, I could just be procrastinating and not wanting to write. ;)

Regina Carlysle said...

I'd like to take an art class too but I would soooo suck at art. Yep. Right there with you on Mondays. During the school year I love them but lately I'm having Mondays that make me feel I'm already behind for the week. I hate that.

Anika Hamilton said...

Yep, hate those Mondays. Hope you get to the see your friend's art and at least enjoy the end of your week.

Unknown said...

Mondays are pukeable - you got it in one. Art class modelling? I have a friend that did that. She said the whole naked thing didn't bother her it was the sitting or lying still.

Yes, taking days off is the answer. No one should be expected to work a full week for god sake...it's just wrong

Phoenix said...

Oooo. You should ask Eric to guest blog for you. That would be fascinating.

Anny Cook said...

Monday, monday... Remember that old Mamas and Papas song? That was so great. Well, it's now nearly the end of the day on Tuesday so.... I guess Monday is over, eh?

J.J. Hebert said...

Yeah, Mondays suck.