Friday, August 22, 2008

Grrrr!!!


I am so far beyond enraged the word hasn't been invented yet.

I was driving along, minding my own business, on my way to pick up more food for the little boys when I passed a truck load of men with my father's canoe tied to the roof of the truck. My father's canoe. MY. FATHER'S. CANOE. The one that my ex stole from me. Bastard!

I was in the process of turning my car around to go after them when I realized what I was doing and managed to stop myself. Barely. Just barely. It was so close though. All I can say is that it's a damn good thing that we were both driving and not stopped on opposite sides of a traffic light because if we had been I would have been out of the car running on pure reaction, no thought involved.

Now before you ask, yes, I am positive it was my father's canoe becaue it had very distinctive markings on it that even upside down at 45 mph I could easily recognize. I'm furious, not delusional. Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way. Maybe I should be telling myself my dad would be happy his canoe is being used instead of angry because it's being used by someone other than me. Nope, not doing it today. Still major pissed. I think I'll go before I take this out inappropriately. It's my ex I'm mad at. Much madder still than I thought I was. Hm, good thing he's around right now or I might be tempted to demonstrate exactly how angry I am and today I think I'd be willing to make an exception on that whole non-violence thing I practice.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I think your father is happy his daughter is not in jail for beating up a truck full of men right now.

I am sorry that your ex is a jerk. I really am. But I am glad that you are safe at home. Pissed is good sometimes, but not when it could put you in serious danger.

XoXoXo
Dakota Rebel

Unknown said...

My irrational self says I'll come over and help you hunt your ex down - happy to.

Rational self agrees that your father would be happy to see it being used and maybe it's some sign that he wants you to move on.

...remember...I am available for ex-arse-kicking.

Anny Cook said...

License plate? Call the cops? Or... is this one of those things that's really past? If you reported it when the ex took it, then call the cops. If not, then... it's NOT the fault of those fellows. According to your post, it sounds like the ex stole it. Then it's HIS fault. Right?

J.J. Hebert said...

A boat is replaceable. You are not. I'm glad you didn't try to take on a truck full of men!

Sandra Cox said...

Unbelievable! The jerk.

Phoenix said...

Yeah, with Anny. If it wasn't your ex toting that thing around, how did they get it? And besides if it was stolen you could get it back. Right?

Regina Carlysle said...

I'm pissed. Sorry. But your ex is a shithead. I'm glad you didn't get INTO it with a group of strange men BUT, I would happily hop a plane, armed with my favorite baseball bat to hunt down the ex.