Friday, August 15, 2008

My Day Off

You ready for this? Don't panic. I'm okay. Somewhat hyper-aware of everything but otherwise fine. Really. I just spent the first few hours of my day off being domestic. Yes, you heard me correctly. I was domestic. I made myself a cooked breakfast as in with a pan and toaster which required a plate and a fork. Then I emptied the dishwasher that I had started when I went to bed last night in order to put my dishes away. I hate dishes in the sink! Next I cleaned my house. On my day off! I'm really beginning to wonder if this new drug is such a good thing after all. I went to the grocery store the other night because I had some extra energy. After work! Oops, I better be careful here. There's probably some sort of law against being this domestic at such odd times.

While I was out in the yard, rinsing out my trash can, damn drugs again, I noticed my strawberries are all screwed up too. They're making berries now. Lots of them. Sometimes I get stray ones throughout the summer but today I found a whole bunch. I took a break and ate them right out there where I was, wet T-shirt, juice dripping down my chin and all. There, my mission of keeping the neighborhood on its toes is accomphlished for the week.

I paid bills too. Wow, am I scary or what? All this was done while the Olympics were playing in the background. Water polo now. How they keep from drowning each other I'll never know. And these were women playing today!

A personal Olympic tidbit for you. I have pins from every Olympics since I was born except for the Lake Placid winter games in 1980. The pin store I like never gets any of those. Not sure why since I'm sure they made them. I know I'd be able to find one on ebay if I looked. I just haven't yet. Hm, maybe that's the token my "prince" will need to produce when he comes to sweep me off my feet. How's that for different? But then you didn't expect me to be ordinary, did you?

Next I'm off for a late lunch with Riley and the girls. Riley invited me the other night when she took me out for my birthday drink. She's such a sweetie, isn't she? Anyway, the other ladies don't know I'm coming in case I decide not to show since I was given so much notice. Yes, Riley knows me well. Should be fun. Neeley's supposed to join us too. Apologizing in advance here...the tears aren't controlled completely yet and I know I'll cry when she gets there. I know I called my website "Be An Adventure" but at the time I named it I wasn't necessarily thinking in terms of me personally. Oh well, at least my friends will never be able to accuse me of being boring!

Have a good weekend everyone.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Spooky! I am cleaning, doing laundry and gardening (hacking through the jungle) today. Do we have glamorous lives or what?

barbara huffert said...

Yes but are you wearing your pink writer's boa?

Unknown said...

Around my neck with my tiara on my head and a gin sling in one hand and a quill in the other

J.J. Hebert said...

Those optical illusions are freaky!

Regina Carlysle said...

WOW...there is a full moon,isn't there??? I've been doing the housecleaning bit too but I don't seem to be ENJOYING it as much as YOU. LOL. I hope these meds continue to make you INVINCIBLE. Gotta get me some of these things.

Have fun with the girls!

Regina Carlysle said...

Oh! Were those optical illusions???I thought I was seeing things. SNORT.

Anny Cook said...

Hmmm. Perhaps I should try those pills because I damned sure am not interested in house cleaning, gardening, or laundry. Nope.

Have a nice dinner!