Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Silly Cat


All my life, I’ve been touching my fingertip to my cats’ noses. Softly. Randomly. As a sign of affection. I never thought anything of it because my cats always let me do it. They seemed to understand.

This morning when Mouse and I went back to bed for our snuggle time, I was all but asleep when I felt his soft paw on my nose. Just for an instant and then he returned it to its usual position, tucked under my cheek. I figured he must be stretching so I thought nothing of it. A moment later, I felt it again.

When I opened my eyes, Mouse was watching me. I could just tell he was trying not to laugh. I asked what he was doing and he did it again. So I touched his nose. Guess what? Yep. He touched mine.

I was so silly, lying there with my furry friend, playing our little game this morning. What a great way to start the day. Even now, hours later, I’m still smiling because of him. Aren’t cats wonderful?

That’s it for today. I want to get back to my current wip. I’m working on revising my nightmare book and really enjoying myself. This one is twisted and hot and more than likely unpublishable but I’m having so much fun that doesn’t even matter.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I adore cats. They're so terrific and cuddly. I so get what you're saying.

Regina Carlysle said...

That's the sweetest story. I can just imagine it.

Unknown said...

Cats huh?

And of bloody course it will get published. Snap out of it woman!

Sandra Cox said...

Awww, is that not cool?

Unknown said...

Cats are so smart. When I first got my cat Skittle I would bump his head with mine occasionally. He eventually learned this was my way of saying "I love you." Unfortunately, he thought it was they way EVERYONE should say it, so when the Mr. met him for the first time, and Skittle decided to approve, he clocked the Mr. straight in the face.

I thought it was hilarious, the Mr. thought my cat hated him, and the cat didn't understand why the Mr. didn't bump him back.

God I miss that cat.

XoXoXo
Dakota

Phoenix said...

If you write it, they will come. Don't worry about publication, you're a proven producer. Just have fun with it.

Love my cat. She likes to put her paw on my hand even if it means she has to fully stretch it out and barely graze me.

barbara huffert said...

Wow, the Mr. got Skittles seal of approval right off? What a cool cat!