Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Tastes Like Chicken

We got a pizza ad today at work. Well, not us specifically. But we, as current resident, snagged it because it was nearly lunchtime and we were hungry. Forgive me, I digress. Anyway it was one of those oversized postcards. You’ve all seen them so you know what I mean. This one served multiple purposes.

One, it promoted their fourteen, yes count ‘em, fourteen specialty pizzas. Of these, only half are what I consider pizza. I’m sorry, you start loading it up with spinach, chicken, and garlic Parmesan Alfredo sauce or barbeque sauce, grilled chicken, bacon, onions and pineapple then its no longer pizza to me. Neither are a bunch of fresh veggies piled on a whole wheat crust or grilled chicken, bacon, onions, roma tomatoes with garlic ranch sauce.

Two, it pushed online ordering. Bilingually. Ahora Pida su Pizza en Línea en Español. Bet you didn’t realize you could teach yourself a second language just by reading the pizza ad, did you? I’m sure that’ll come in handy next time I’m in Spain. Now as I was saying they are promoting this to the extent that the card doesn’t even include a menu. Only one problem here folks. We don’t have internet capabilities at work. Guess we’re SOL unless we want one of those non-pizza pizzas even though there are coupons for regular menu items.

The third thing featured only not really because it’s more of a one line afterthought tacked onto the bottom is the NEW Chocolate Pasty Delights made with real Nestle Toll House Chocolate Morsels. All they display is a freakin’ logo. Hello! We all know what the damn logo looks like. What I don’t know is what the NEW Chocolate Pastry Delights look like. How do I know if I want to try it? Oh I know. I can see a picture online, right? Not that I generally have desert with pizza anyway but I’m just saying. Oh wait, if I order up this stuff it’s not really pizza anyway so maybe I would desert with it.

Oh, one more thing I almost forgot. There’s a partner coupon for a movie theater, buy one 44 oz. fountain drink, get one free. I don’t know about you but if I gulped down one of those all by myself I would miss half the movie. Two would be enough for the entire theater to share.

10 comments:

Molly Daniels said...

I LOVE the Papa John's Chocolate Pastry dessert! YUM:) Let me know when you order; I'll be over to help you eat it!

Oh, and I only eat cheese on my pizza. Once in a while I'll eat sausage.

barbara huffert said...

But what is the chocolate pastry thingy?

Unknown said...

I never tried the chocolate pastry thingy but it sounds yummy.

As for the rest of those "specialty pizzas", most of them sound yucky. I used to like either pepperoni only on my pizza, or mushrooms and onions, or Canadian bacon and mushrooms. However, for the past few years, I much prefer just a thin crust, plain cheese pizza. Guess I'm boring, but that's what I like and I'm sticking to it!

Regina Carlysle said...

Damn. I'm hungry for pizza now. A few weeks ago I ordered Dominos on line. I'd never done that before but it was cool. You could even keep the order up on line and it would SHOW you when it went in the oven, came OUT of the oven, etc. We've gotten hooked on the Hawaiian Feast with double cheese, ham and pineapple. It might sound weird but it's deeee-lish.

Those chocolate thingies sound deadly, don't they?

Unknown said...

I want a chocolate pasty thingy now...this is your fault B

I have never understood fresh lettuce on a pizza...is it supposed to make us think we are being healthy? Deaden the fat? Just bizzare

Molly Daniels said...

Chocolate pastry thing: Filo dough (I think...could be regular pastry dough) wrapped around smooth, delicious chocolate and served warm. OMG...sinfully delicious!

I'm going to try the Pizza Hut chocolate dipping sauce either tonight or tomorrow. Don't know what they serve to dip into the chocolate; if I don't like it, I'll go get a bag of pretzels...or just use a spoon:)

Phoenix said...

Papa John's has a chocolate pastry desert?!?! I had no idea. Must go try.

Bronwyn Green said...

There are chocolate pastries at a pizza place? All my dreams have come true...

Anny Cook said...

Interesting. There is no nutritional information on there website for any Chocolate Pastry thingy. However, according to their website info, I would be able to eat one piece of pizza per day. Hmmmmm. Nah.

Sandra Cox said...

I DO want to try the new chocolate pasty, right after a thin crust with cheese, green pepper, onion and pineapple.....