Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Mine?


My old gardening shoes disintegrated at the end of last season. They lasted the first half of my life so I’m okay with that.

When it got to be spring, I discovered that the price has gone up significantly over the last 35 years so I went searching on eBay. It took a few weeks but I finally found a pair of new Doc Martens for less than a third of their retail price. Ordered ‘em. Got ‘em. Fit perfectly. Yay me!

Or at least I was under the impression my quest had been a success for about a month. Obviously, I was mistaken. Last weekend I thought I’d go dig in the dirt. I left my shoes on the bed as I was getting dressed. When I turned to grab them, I discovered they were no longer mine.

Harry had claimed them. And as you can see, he had no intention of sharing. In the end, I needed Beau to provide a diversion so I could snag them back. It’s been a few days and I’m still sleeping with one eye open.

No comments: